Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lenten Gratitude Day 6 & 7


230 Candles, originally uploaded by silphi77.
I remembered that I was supposed to post my gratitude just as my computer finished shutting down last night. Since I'm single-parenting this week, I decided that getting enough sleep was more important, and made mental gratitude notes in my head.

Today, Ann's post spoke to me. I had been longing for Lent, but then it kind of sneaked up on me and punched me in the head. When I thought about the disciplines I wanted to add (instead of giving things up) I did not think about Troy being away, and the sheer busyness of March. I have been faithful (although not always cheerful) to the 15 minutes of exercise, to help me worship by taking care of my body. The gratitude is pretty easy too. But then I added the 15 minutes of decluttering (plus my New Year's Goal of writing a hand-written note to someone for every day of this year, even if it's not ON every day.)

I think the exercise has to stay, but the decluttering is going to be a mindset of reduction and simplicity instead of a deadline.

667. Chats with two of my oldest friends (we're talking high school here.)
668. Plans taking shape to attend my high school class reunion this summer.
669. Taking my daughter to an author event at her school tonight. She was so pleased that I went with her, and I enjoyed both the author, and watching Meg talk to her afterwards.
670. The smallest glimmer of change I am beginning to feel in my body because of more exercise.
671. That first sip of coffee in the morning.
672. Howling wind outside my window when I know I'm in for the night.
673. A tax refund that will allow us to get some needed repairs on our cars.
674. That we're about a year into our 5-year debt-elimination plan. So grateful to be on the right track to financial health.
675. Only three more sleeps until my hubby comes home.
676. Going to bed early.
677. The discipline of prayer and reading Scripture in the morning, even when I don't feel like it, even when it doesn't feel like it "speaks" to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have snuggled with you when the wind was howling last night. Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails