Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Adding instead of Subtracting


Cross in the Wichitas, originally uploaded by BaronBrian.

Since I began observing Lent a few years ago, I have tended to take things away instead of adding them on.

This year I AM going to limit a couple of things, but I hope to add things instead.

In the mornings, before I get out of bed, I am going to listen to the daily "Pray as You Go". I hardly use my MP3 now that we are back in the US, but I have been wanting to incorporate this into my spiritual life for quite some time.

I recently discovered Doxasoma, which is a way to strengthen both my body and my spirit. In my recent "quest" to get my body in better health and strength, I feel it's no mistake that I came upon this peaceful, deliberate practice now. I won't be able to do it every day, but I do hope to explore it more during Lent.

Deliberate gratitude. I have been posting my 1000 Gifts sporadically, but during Lent I want to post at least a few every day.

That's it! Instead of creating an impossible list for myself, I am choosing to "mellow" some things, and add in only a few simple things.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    I like the way you think! I had to look up the Doxasama practice to see what you were refering to and find it very intersting. I would really like to hear more about this practice.
    And, daily gratitude...lovely thought!
    Praying for you, sweet friend
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails