Thursday, December 30, 2010

The New Year


New Years, about to unfurl, originally uploaded by Darwin Bell.

Truth be told, I am somewhat at odds with the New Year's holiday. I mostly don't like to stay up late and we are not big party people. Many New Year's Eves we are asleep before 12.

But while I don't really enjoying ringing IN the New Year, I do love the new year. Weird, I know. But I love the new beginning. It's a bit ridiculous, really, because every day can be a new year.

It is what it is though. I tend to set goals more than make resolutions. In the past, they have often been over-ambitious, and loftily unattainable (sometimes laughably so) and yet I think just making them was soul-stretching in a way.

The past few years I have been in kind of a survival mode, but this year I feel ready to stretch again. Ready to set goals, even if they are too many or too hard. Perhaps some of them are more dreams than goals.

2011, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready to start a new year and a new chapter. We love you guys and are so glad you're still a part of our lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you posting! I have to agree with you about new year's celebrations. We don't stay up late either...when my girls were little we would always pair with other couples who had children the same age and have a home party.
    And, making resolutions is overrated but it is good to set goals and to dream...
    I will add you to my prayer list and ask God's blessings on your new year.
    grace to you
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails