So apparently I have become a Monday and Friday blogger. Oy vey. I really need to get it together and write something in the middle of the week! But oh well, here we go...
- I have been brainstorming menus and meals for when I start working, because I know that things will run much more smoothly around here if I am organized and prepared. While I was thinking about it, I realized that this is the perfect time to get Meg in on learning to do this kind of thing. I want to help her learn to plan meals and cook, so she'll have regular nights when dinner is her deal, and I'll help her plan, prep etc.
- I haven't heard "officially" about this job, but it seems all things are pointing to a yes. (Unless one of my references makes up a lot of lies about me ;) ) There are some more steps we have to move through but I am hoping that I will start training the last week of October (the person I would replace leaves at the end of the month.)
- It was amazing this week to watch the 24-hour process of rescuing the Chilean miners. I cried big fat tears every time another one came up. Wow.
- I met a new friend at church this week (after I stalked her on fb first ;} ) It feels really good to be starting to make connections here.
- I finally quit procrastinating and took the kids to the dentist this week (since we HAD to turn forms into school by today.) It was a relief to find that the office we chose within walking distance to our house has kind people working there. Hopefully going to the dentist will become less stressful.
- Halloween here in America is kind of freaking me out a little. I am somewhat blown away by the extensive decorating people do to their yards and houses, the sheer quantity of costumes at the stores, it's all a little creepy.
- We try and use natural cleaners/products in the house and have been trying to cut down on disposal things too (like paper products or wipes) but I have been missing having cleaning wipes especially for the bathroom. So when I saw this post on making your own wipes (that you can then wash) was the perfect solution! I am waiting to get my castile soap (haven't found it in stores around here) and then I'll be mixing up a batch of these :)