Friday, August 6, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday #5


  1. I haven't done a Quick Takes FOREVER! This is the first one I have done since moving back to Chicago so perhaps it should be extravagant. :) But don't hold your breathe! I am choosing to be cheerful today when tempted to feel sorry for myself that many people I love are gathering in Germany for our mission's annual conference. Including my hubby. Our kids start school here on Monday, so there no way we could be there, but it's still sad.
  2. We are still "camping" in our apartment, which makes housecleaning a breeze :) Hardly anything to move around when I need to clean :) Here are some photos of our new place: Click here
  3. I feel very scattered at the moment, like I am on the brink of so many things but am just teetering there. I know that will subside once the kids start school, and once our household goods are here and I can actually organize.
  4. I am well aware though, that our household goods arriving will be bittersweet. I will be very happy to have a couch to sit on again, but I know I won't enjoy having to find a spot for everything. I'm sure there will be moments of "Why on earth did we ship this?" :)
  5. I am so grateful for the ease of life here though. If I need something, I can have it mailed. To me. No customs, no hassle :) There are so many conveniences here that seems sublime after life overseas.
  6. I am amazed by the frequency and persistence of telemarketers! I have registered for the do-not-call list, and I screen my calls, but it's amazing how many there are! 
  7. All in all, it feels good to be living in Chicago. Let the games begin!
More more Quick Takes, visit Jenn by clicking on the photo above!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails