Monday, May 3, 2010

Finally, the counting continues

We finally have some direction (still can't share completely until we get the OK from the powers that be) about our future, and I cannot describe the change in my spirit. I am a bit embarrassed about how paralyzed I became in the face of ambiguity and uncertainty. Something I hope will change the next time I have to go through that.

Last week, even before the clarity came, I told myself that I REALLY needed to continue the counting to 1000. I have felt unable to articulate gratitude lately; even if I noted things in my head or heart, I seemed unable to count them out loud.

And then of course, Ann's post today drove the whole point home yet again (I have wondered lately if Ann's blog is, right now, the voice of the Holy Spirit in my life.)

So, in no particular order, because they are only written in my mind, the counting continues...


6. Blossoming trees bursting forth in pink and white froth.
7. The fragrant slide of coffee beans into the grinder in the morning.
8. My son's exuberant singing in the shower, without fail.
9. Being able to text/chat with loved ones far away for free.
10. Walking by my daughter's room in the morning and hearing her pray out loud about something on her heart.
11. The experience of our car breaking down yet again.
12. The resilience of my kids as we began taking the bus to school, meaning we had to leave the house at 7:15 and returning at 5:45 p.m.
13. Watching my daughter pull out her big 'ole Bible on the bus and read her daily chapter without any embarrassment at all.
14. The fact that she is more diligent about her Bible reading than her Mother.
15. Celebrating happy memories of my Mom with laughter, and tears on the 20th anniversary of her death. (April 26th) 
16. Generous friends who are lending us their car during the week.
17. A change of pace at school, with cultural week, and the chance to spend my whole workday coloring :)
18. Friends who are thankful even when I cannot verbalize my own gratitude.
19. Going to church like a "normal person."
20. Watching my husband get excited about being able to listen to ice hockey online.
21. Observing God's work in the lives of my family.
22. The chance to watch our kids participate in track and field day with their school.
23. Old friends coming to visit (ESTEMBOKAS, that's you, baby!)
24. People who believe in us.
25. French toast and bacon for dinner, and a hubby who makes them.
26. The "internets" ;} which make apartment-hunting and job-hunting much easier from another continent.




holy experience


Join the gratitude community if you like!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I have looked around your blog some today as well as your husband's. I clicked on your link at Holy Experience this morning. From what I gather you and your husband are missionaries, leaving the field to be relocated in Chicago.

    I just wanted to tell you that I have added your names to my personal prayer list and will be praying for you through this transition. I understand just a wee bit of what you may be experiencing right now.

    You see...our daughter and son-in-law were missionaries in Mexico City for 12 years...our grandson is a citizen of Mexico. In 2005 they had to return to the States because of health issues and have been unable to return to their beloved mission field.

    Transition can be so hard...readjusting to another culture (even though it was at one time your own culture)...everything the same, but different...feeling as if your heart is breaking when you leave your "family" there in Spain...so much I understand just a wee bit.

    My prayer for you when you get back to the States is that the Lord will have prepared a place for you...such a special place...in the confines of your new home...in the confines of trusted hearts and friendships...a harbor of safety and security in Him.

    I'm going to sign up as a follower of your blog so that I can watch His grace continually unfold in your new life.

    Lastly, dear Sister in Jesus, I leave you with a gentle hug from the One we both love.

    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in limbo right now and the waiting is what keeps me focused on the counting the blessings. Praying that God blesses you and that your time on the 'internets' pays off! :-)

    www.aimingforaquietlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails