Last week, even before the clarity came, I told myself that I REALLY needed to continue the counting to 1000. I have felt unable to articulate gratitude lately; even if I noted things in my head or heart, I seemed unable to count them out loud.
And then of course, Ann's post today drove the whole point home yet again (I have wondered lately if Ann's blog is, right now, the voice of the Holy Spirit in my life.)
So, in no particular order, because they are only written in my mind, the counting continues...
6. Blossoming trees bursting forth in pink and white froth.
7. The fragrant slide of coffee beans into the grinder in the morning.
8. My son's exuberant singing in the shower, without fail.
9. Being able to text/chat with loved ones far away for free.
10. Walking by my daughter's room in the morning and hearing her pray out loud about something on her heart.
11. The experience of our car breaking down yet again.
12. The resilience of my kids as we began taking the bus to school, meaning we had to leave the house at 7:15 and returning at 5:45 p.m.
13. Watching my daughter pull out her big 'ole Bible on the bus and read her daily chapter without any embarrassment at all.
14. The fact that she is more diligent about her Bible reading than her Mother.
15. Celebrating happy memories of my Mom with laughter, and tears on the 20th anniversary of her death. (April 26th)
16. Generous friends who are lending us their car during the week.
17. A change of pace at school, with cultural week, and the chance to spend my whole workday coloring :)
18. Friends who are thankful even when I cannot verbalize my own gratitude.
19. Going to church like a "normal person."
20. Watching my husband get excited about being able to listen to ice hockey online.
21. Observing God's work in the lives of my family.
22. The chance to watch our kids participate in track and field day with their school.
23. Old friends coming to visit (ESTEMBOKAS, that's you, baby!)
24. People who believe in us.
25. French toast and bacon for dinner, and a hubby who makes them.
26. The "internets" ;} which make apartment-hunting and job-hunting much easier from another continent.
Join the gratitude community if you like!