Friday, March 5, 2010

Tears

~ Ice Drop Shadows ~
Originally uploaded by ViaMoi


My emotions have been all over the place, and I find my eyes leaking tears at moments when I least expect it and really don't feel like dealing with them.

This morning though, I was happy to shed a tear.

Troy performed a monologue in chapel at our kids' school this morning. I have seen it probably a dozen times, but every time, it makes me cry.

This line:
"There was Jesus, sitting in the middle of the room, eating a plate of fish."

Seems like a weird line to make one cry. But the story is about how Jesus appeared to His followers on the road to Emmaus, vanishes, and then later shows up in Jerusalem with His disciples. You can read the whole story here.

I find it oddly comforting to think of Jesus, sitting calmly, eating fish. It reminds me to trust in times of stress and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails