Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stand


Vertigo, originally uploaded by Xerones.

Here I am still waiting for how long I don’t know
It’s a long way back from where I’ve been
But there’s nowhere else to go

So I’ll stand with my face to the wind
And my back to the world, I’ll follow You
And I’ll go where you tell me to go
No I won’t be afraid, no I won’t be afraid

I feel your wind is moving, I’m not sure where it’s going
But I’ll let it carry me away
Cause I’m not staying in this place

And I won’t turn around
No, I won’t turn around

~~~
This worship song by Jason Wade (you can listen to my favorite version of it here) is what God used to start whispering to my heart about being willing to move back to the US.

As He continued to speak to me about taking risks, my mental imagery of this song changed. It went from standing in a beautiful meadow, where a gentle breeze blew softly, to standing on the edge of a cliff, with gale force winds buffeting me.

We don't know where exactly we'll be, or what jobs we'll have one year from now. All I know is that we are standing at the edge of the precipice, and we're doing our best to repeat these words, with all our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails