Monday, February 22, 2010

Wind and Oil


seeing the wind in my mind, originally uploaded by mistubako.
I found this poem in my filing. Not sure when I wrote it.

Wind and Oil


I walked out wrapped in somber spirit
Hope not dead
but surely subdued

Braced against expected cold
Instead I found
a sweet wind
sending clouds on their way
unveiling clear rain-washed blue
this wind
it carried the warm autumn
scent of fallen leaves
it lifted the corners of my shroud of sorrow
the edges fluttering in defiance of my grief

Further
I was held captive and warm
in the sweetness of shared
spirit and the relief of lifted prayers
oil blazed the shape of hope
the cross
anointing me

Wind and oil
Blowing, soothing my lament away.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails