Sunday, February 7, 2010

And so it begins

Truth be told, I am ready for a break from church planting. It has been our life for the past 12 years, and one of the most rewarding things I have ever experienced. It has forever changed and shaped my idea of church, and I will always be grateful for that.

But still, I have felt ready for a break from church being my job, with all the responsibility and pressure it brings.

Last night at church, the topic was dealing with transition in appropriate and healthy ways. One of the points was acknowledging the things we lose through a given transition, which was a good reminder for me. Even though I am looking ahead to the next chapter in our lives, leaving Spain was not a decision we made lightly or with ease.

As I watched people show up to church last night and they just kept coming, and there were new faces, and several families with kids, I felt that "church planter thrill." It's always so amazing and humbling to me when new people show up and seem to like it...it surprises me. That's weird, I know. And I watched Meg greet all the new people with her habitual friendliness and sweet spirit, and I marveled at how she is already such a little church planter.

So, even though I know God is taking us on, to the next thing He has for our family, I wanted to make sure I take note of the things I am losing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, it takes a lot of intentionality and time to say goodbye well! You're looking at it with a healthy perspective, Heather. How do you 'press on toward what's ahead' while knowing it's not yet the time to be 'forgetting what lies behind'? It'll be a challenge, but one you'll do well. Love ya! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails