Friday, February 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday #2

#1

Even though I am fasting Facebook for Lent, I still find myself framing my life in facebook status updates, if only in my brain.
#2

Today at school, a second grader dared tell me that I wasn't rolling my r's enough when pronouncing his last name. I looked at him, dumbfounded. I told him firmly that his tone was not very nice, or respectful, when I really wanted to fly off the handle about how I spend four hours a day trying to get him and his fellow students to say "Spain, stop, star, student" instead of  "eSpain, estop, estar, estudent". I was thinking "Seriously, little man? SERIOUSLY???" Needless to say, no sticker for him today.

#3

I have not seen a single Olympic event. It's always hard to try and watch the events here. I have also heard rumors that Spanish TV is switching to digital signal this week, so if I was motivated enough to actually turn on the TV and look for Olympics I am not sure I would find anything at all.

#4

It's supposed to rain again tomorrow. I think Spain has been relocated to England. And no, I don't want to hear "the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain". That may be, but there is never this much rain!

#5

Our community group just finished reading and discussing The Ragamuffin Gospel. I have read it before, but it always knocks my socks off.

#6

I just got my friend Mary DeMuth's memoir Thin Places in the mail. I can't wait to read it!

#7

I am VERY happy it's Friday! The end.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you like the book, Heather. Can't wait until we're in the same time zone! (And Sophie's considering Wheaton College, which would put us up your way when we visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line in this post: "Needless to say, no sticker for him today."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails