Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Saturday, March 31, 2012
I have been noting my gratitude quietly...the daily posting here seemed like a show for awhile, so I gave it a rest.
739. A week off of work during Holy Week. I love, love, love having time and space during this week.
740. Planning for a Seder on Wednesday night, and the delightful details that come with at least 17 crowded around our table. That's exactly how I like it best.
741. Snuggling with my littlest boyo (and the dog) on the couch, by candlelight during Earth Hour tonight.
742. A new laptop even though my old one has not died yet. These 43-year old eyes are appreciating the bigger screen :)
743. Beautiful, Christ-centered music at the concert last night (The Brilliance and Gungor.)
744. A lovely, leisurely Saturday. Sleeping in, naps, errands with the hubby (luxurious library, pharmacy, two grocery stores).
745. Time this week to cook, something that feeds my soul when I don't have to squeeze it in between work and the rest of life.
746. Fresh flowers to welcome the best landlady ever home.
747. Anticipating the creaking of the wooden floors upstairs which means that Judy is home.
748. My husband's running commentary on the hockey game.
749. Hockey players with last names that make us giggle. (not in a mocking way)
750. Though I don't care a fig about March madness, you can bet we'll be glued to the NHL playoffs :)
751. Filling Easter eggs for church with candy and soul words.
752. The relaxation that comes with no work for a week.
753. Candlelight even when Earth Hour has been over for more than an hour.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
733. Open windows.
734. Wood floors all shiny and fresh with Murphy's Oil.
735. Riding home after dark with the windows all down singing "It's the End of the World as We Know It" at the top of our lungs.
736. Time spent with good friends.
737. Sleeping in on Saturday morning.
738. A sleepy dog who gets up, eats breakfast and then crawls onto the bed with me for a couple more hours of snoring.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Yesterday I was weary. My day at work was full of teenagers that gave me attitude and eye rolling and even a few bold-face lies.
Every once in awhile, I get tired of trying to eat right, stick to a tight budget, exercise, etc. etc. Yesterday I was tired of all those things. I needed a break.
So I didn't eat well, I didn't exercise and I didn't post anything here. But I did think about my gratitude at the end of the day, when I felt much better, for just have a break from it all.
728. A huge orange ball of sun greeting us on the way to work/school in the morning.
729. Eating lunch outside three days in a row.
730. More than 10,000 steps today!
731. Lime and salt popcorn and Diet Dr. Pepper for afternoon treat at work.
732. Spring flowers that seem to have come up overnight.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
722. A sunny, warm day.
723. Long walk in the park with hubby and dog.
724. The fact that talking to my husband is still the best thing ever.
725. Sunshine, exercise, fresh air and good food making me so sleepy and relaxed.
726. Hubby who does the end of the night youth-group-pickup, even though there is hockey on.
727. 8810 steps today.
Monday, March 12, 2012
718. My quick thinking hubby who nabbed the kitchen towel that was too close to the gas flame.
719. Motivation to exercise AND work on paperwork in my office nook.
720. Brussels Sprouts with bacon.
721. My snazzy new headset at work so I can answer the phone even if I'm not at my desk.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
710. Sun on the brick wall next door through the kitchen window this morning.
711. Blue sky all day.
713. Watching the hockey game on Friday night with my hubby.
714. Making the final payment on Kermit the Subaru.
715. The divine, beautiful mess of church :)
716. Crawling into bed on Friday night.